08/23/2020 by nygolffitnessguru 0 Comments
Train From Anywhere-Golf Fitness, New York
I get it! 2020 has been weird and complicated, to say the least!
Don’t Let Your Health And Fitness Take A Holiday
Gyms in NYC have been closed down in NYC since the onset of the pandemic. The last day I was in a gym was on Friday, March 13th. (yes, Friday the 13th). In case you didn’t know, the gym I use for clients that don’t have a gym in their residential building is Velocity Sports Performance located at 133 E. 58th St. on the 6th Floor.
On August 17th, NYS Governor Cuomo made an announcement that gyms would be allowed to reopen on August 24th, but at only 33% capacity.
But wait, there’s more….later that same day New York City Mayor, Bill de Blasio said…
"Based on the reality in New York City, we won’t start before Sept. 2," he said. "The priority, especially given the proximity to Sept. 2 to Sept. 10, priority is going to be on the inspections we need to do for child care centers and schools. We are going to work through how to balance that."__de Blasio
Are You Not Entertained?
While our local politicians battle it out, don’t put your health and fitness on holiday!
As I stated in an article I wrote back in March, the healthier you are the less likely you will become infected with something that can make you sick. Your health is your job. You can’t outsource it to anyone else. While there are certain precautions we can and should be taken to avoid contracting the Coronavirus or any virus for that matter, the best way is to stay as healthy as possible.
Remote Training Program
While gyms remain closed, and even after they are open training from home is your best option. It’s safe, it’s healthy and it’s efficient. Several of my most dedicated clients have been training from the safety and comfort of their homes since April. One of them winning his club championship in the senior division and another winning his club championship in the partners’ division.
You are either getting stronger or you’re getting weaker. We never stay the same!
"Brett is a great golf fitness coach and has made a positive impact on my game. Through improved flexibility, core strength, and proper sequences, my golf game has made quantum leaps. Most importantly, during this time of Shelter-in-Place, having Brett available for coaching via FaceTime is invaluable."__Tom H., NYC
I Have A Question For You…
Brett’s Bottom Line:
If you’re one of those golfers that feels like you are struggling with your flexibility, mobility, and core strength than this program is for you. Maybe you know you need to get stronger but you’re not really sure how golfers should do that without it getting in the way of their swing. I can help!
"Brett is an incredible fitness instructor specializing in golf and the needs that golfers have to improve their game and body. I have worked with him for a year and have experienced some of the following-Increased drives by 20 yards-Decreased back pain (was a major problem for me)-Completely changed my thought-process on preparing and recovering my body for playing golf-Answered my questions about what I should be spending my time on to get better and prepared a specialized routine and long-term program. Brett is beyond professional and knows what he’s doing. There is zero doubt he will improve his student’s golf abilities – the only thing that is required is some effort and time." ___ David W. Cleveland, OH
Is Online Training Any Good?
Online training is really the same as gym training but at a distance.
- Coaching: unlike watching your favorite trainer do their own workout on Instagram or Facebook live, with online training you are working with a coach with real "face to face" communication while training. No cookie-cutter workouts can lead to injury and generally fail to get desired results.
- Training technique: with a coach you are working with someone who has specific knowledge of you, your goals, needs, injuries you may have and they can tell you when you’re doing exercises correctly or incorrectly.
- Custom Program Design: with a coach you’ll get 100% customized programming based on your goals, needs abilities and equipment you have access to.
- Accountability & Support: With a coach, you’ll have a personal connection with a real human being (not a screen) that actually cares about you, your goals, your stress level, and how you are doing!
- Nutrition & Recovery: Training with a coach online you’ll get tailored guidance to your needs and struggles, without all the generalization and stuff.
P.S. and Very Important
As of the writing of this article, 8-23-20, I have not heard from the owners of Velocity Sports Performance as to if or when they will reopen. As mentioned earlier in this article, the governor stated they can open on 8-24-20 and should not be mandated closed any later than 9-2-20. Reality check. I don’t know if that location will ever open again. I hope so! So if you want Longer Drives, Lower Scores & Fewer Injuries. Don’t delay, start today.